To ensure the smooth operation of your drains, it is crucial to keep them clear and prevent clogs. The frequency of drain maintenance depends on the usage and household size. While smaller households may manage without professional intervention, larger households often require more frequent drain cleaning. It is generally recommended to schedule annual maintenance. Consulting with Clog Kings will provide you with the best drain cleaning schedule tailored to your specific needs.
Post-Professional Cleaning Drain Maintenance
After your drains have been professionally cleaned, it is essential to continue proactive maintenance to prolong their effectiveness. By following these steps, you can effectively maintain clean drains:
Preventing Drain Clogs
- Be cautious about what you dispose of down sinks, toilets, and shower drains.
- Consider investing in drain screens or grates to catch debris and prevent them from entering the drain.
- Regularly check sink drain stoppers for hair, soap buildup, or other accumulated particles.
- Avoid using chemical cleaners that professionals do not recommend, as they can potentially harm your pipes.
- Run hot water down bathroom drains each week to remove any buildup.
- Ensure cold water is running when operating the garbage disposal.
- Adhering to these preventative maintenance measures, along with regular drain cleaning services, significantly reduces the risk of significant issues. Proper maintenance prevents severe clogs, blockages, pipe damage, and potential health hazards.
This post was written by Joey Denick. Joey is the Owner and Operator of Clog Kings. At Clog Kings, LLC, we pride ourselves on our dedication and efficiency. We know you don’t have time to waste. That’s why we work fast to get your home or commercial building back up and running in no time. If you are looking for plumbers in St.Petersburg FL then look no further because we got you covered!